Dr. Schwartz’s Approach to Achieving Optimal Health – Naturally
Unlike most conventional approaches, Dr. Schwartz looks for the underlying cause preventing patients from achieving optimal health. She spends 1 ½ hours with each new patient getting a clear picture of their goals and uncovering any obstacles preventing the patient from achieving them. She develops a customized treatment plan specific for each patient.
Dr. Schwartz believes that addressing the following factors are essential to restoring balance:
These are addressed in the following way:
- Identify Food Intolerances- Eliminating foods that contribute to stress and inflammation in your body is one of the fastest ways to feel better.
- Heal your Digestion – Years of consuming foods that don’t work for your body can create embarrassing digestive issues and skin issues. With proper diet, gentle cleansing and detoxification, your digestion and skin health will be greatly improved.
- Decrease inflammation – Inflammation is the underlying culprit in many health conditions including heart disease, obesity, diabetes, arthritis, and asthma. We will assess the causes of inflammation, eliminate toxic exposures, and reduce inflammation.
- Reduce stress – Balance and support adrenal health. Many of us live lives where the “tiger is always chasing us,” and we are constantly running on adrenaline. This cannot go on forever without significant impact on the body leading to abdominal weight gain, fatigue, insomnia and eventual burn out. We will work to support healing of the adrenals and implement ways to create long-lasting positive change.
- Balance hormones and neurotransmitters – Balancing hormones and improving brain function is often the missing link between challenging health problems and feeling your best.
- Balance blood sugar – Blood sugar imbalances are often the cause of low energy, irritability and even poor sleep. Learn ways to keep blood sugar stable and how to keep energy up all day.
The patients who achieve the best results are:
- Willing to make lifestyle changes
- Don’t want to rely on prescription drugs
- Are tired of feeling sick and tired
- Are open to a new approach in addressing their health issues
Dr. Schwartz’ approach empowers wellness by
restoring balance to a fragmented lifestyle and healthcare plan.
The word doctor comes from the Latin “docere” meaning ‘doctor as teacher’.
Her overall philosophy is to teach her patients lifestyle changes that will be long lasting and provide long term benefit and change.